Kahayan PREAMP MP-1X
THE CLASSIC MP-1X NOW IS THE 12K72 PREAMP: The same sound updated name and front panel
Mic Input: 1200Ω, 3 pin XLR bal.
Instrument Input: 10KΩ, stereo jack bal.
Balanced: 3 pin XLR.
Unbalanced: Jack Mono. The signal is taken before the output transformer giving another colour to the balanced output.
Max. Gain: XLR input: 65 db.
Key steps of 12 positions adjustable in 1dB steps (the typical fader function).
Technical Specifications -
Recall Sheets -
‘BASED ON A CLASSIC PREAMP’
The main feature of these modules, if you do not know, the sound is completely clear and transparent, with deep bass and an extremely natural treble.
The components used in manufacturing comes essentially from the same manufacturers that supplied the 70s modules for manufacturing the origina ones, reproducing and expanding the known benefits of 1272, and as for the other materials used they are all high quality components, we refer to the wires, rotary switches, resistors, capacitors and connectors.
The benefits that this module offers, besides the already known sound merits, are:
• Steel Rack 1 unit format.
• Two mic / line in pure independent working class A.
• Using technology discreetly (without chips).
• Gain control in steps of 5dB.
• Output Level Control in steps.
• Phantom power 48v with pilot light.
• Phase reverse switch.
• Switch selection microphone / Line (can use the equipment in Mastering step as a hue).
• Inputs and outputs, balanced and unbalanced (XLR and jack) that grants two different hues of sound.
• Power supply of high quality.
• Front input jack for connecting high impedance electric instruments (guitar, bass, synth, etc.).